3/11/18

Taking another route.

After the mission of finding the perfect font, it was time to continue onto step 6. I read step 6, and decided to hold off on that because I had another important task to do before continuing. I needed the perfect color. The thought of peach, baby blue, light pink, and other pastels were really intriguing me, and I felt that it was important to choose a color before continuing. While figuring out what color I was going to choose I found out that there is psychology behind every color.

Shades of yellow mean optimism, shades of orange mean friendliness, shades of red mean excitement, shades of purple mean creativity, shades of blue mean trust, shades of green mean peaceful, and shades of white mean balance. Now which one did I want my magazine to express?

After doing some more research I found out that red was the most used colors in cover pages, and green was used in the least amount of pages. Meaning that red is more successful. This helped me narrow down my options. I was now focusing more on red, orange, and yellow, and disregarding any shades of blue, purple, green, and white.

Then I found a website called Magazine Designing that had the answers to all my questions. It was filled with facts like:
  • For smaller cover lines, preferably go with black text or white if the background is dark. For bigger ones use colors.
  • If you plan to use orange color for the cover lines print them with additional spot color. Orange never looks good if printed in traditional CMYK process. It will look brownish.
  • Whichever you use, make sure you have a contrast between colors.
I found out that women prefer soft colors, and men prefer bright colors. Women also prefer tints rather than shades. I decided to choose a tint mixed of red, which represents passion, energy, and vibrancy, pink which represents femininity, sweetness, and romance, and lastly orange which represents enthusiasm and creativity. 

Lastly, I decided to look up a color wheel to finally pick my color. 


I'm extremely glad I have all of you coming along with me in my adventures. I hope you all love my main color! Thank you. Talk to you guys soon.
Katerina


Works Cited:

“Coolors.” Coolors.co - The Super Fast Color Schemes Generator, coolors.co/88a2aa-ada296-ffa889-f42c04-0f1a20.

Nikola. “55 Best Tips for a Successful Magazine Cover.” Magazine Designing, 3 Feb. 2018, www.magazinedesigning.com/55-best-tips-for-a-sucessful-magazine-cover/.

www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-choose-a-perfect-color-scheme-for-your-wordpress-site/.

www.websitebuilderexpert.com/how-to-choose-color-for-your-website/.




  • Comments

    Popular Posts