3/22/18

Decision Time....

Today is the day I make my final decision on what my cover page will be. I decided to look up the best magazine cover facts in order to help make my decision a little easier.

-Dark on light, light on dark text placement: Check!

- Cover model should look straight into the camera, eye contact is important: Check!

-Remain within your concept and style: Check, it is about makeup and the model has makeup.

-One headline should pop out, in size color and attitude: Checkish... although my main headline was bigger in font it didn't pop out as much as I wanted it to so I decided to make a couple of changes.

-Cover page should have a focus point: Check my focus point is the model's eyes.

-Divide your cover in three sections. Big one with main cover line, smaller one with few cover lines and smaller one with fewer:  Check, I think I am close to making my decision.

-Green is the least used color on cover pages, and red is the most used: Check? I chose the color I included in one of my past blogs, the peachy tone.

-For smaller cover lines, go with black text or white, for bigger use colors: Not check, I need to make some more changes...

-Photography looks better and sells more than illustrations: Check!!! I took so many pictures of Sarah she was so annoyed, but gladly I got the perfect one.

After reading these tips, I made a couple of changes. My choice was as easy as can be. I love my cover page, and I hope you guys love it too!

Although the image is cropped a bit off, you are able to see the changes I made. 

I made the masthead a different font than the other cover lines. I also included the head line in a different color and bold so it could pop more compared to the other coverlines. I chose the color to make the background, and although in the facts it said to include the masthead to be a color I decided since my background was that same color it would clash and not look well. 

My project is slowly coming together, and I am loving it. One thing is having an idea, but putting it together and seeing how it comes out is something incredible. Soon comes the hard part tho, and  that is the actual article. Talk to you guys soon!

XOXO Kat :)



Works Cited:

“10 Tips for Designing High-Impact Magazines.” Design & Illustration Envato Tuts+, design.tutsplus.com/articles/10-tips-for-designing-high-impact-magazines--cms-25956.

Bigman, Alex. “This Is How You Rock a Magazine Cover Design.” 99designs, 99designs, 24 Jan. 2018, 99designs.com/blog/tips/how-you-rock-a-magazine-cover-design/.

Nikola. “55 Best Tips for a Successful Magazine Cover.” Magazine Designing, 3 Feb. 2018, www.magazinedesigning.com/55-best-tips-for-a-sucessful-magazine-cover/.

“Pixlr.” Photo Editor Online - Pixlr.com, pixlr.com/.

“Your Browser Is Currently Not Supported on Canva.” Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software – Canva, www.canva.com/.








  • Comments

    Popular Posts