3/12/18

So many decisions.....

Hey guys we are finally on Step 6!
So lets just refresh our memories. So far I have chosen my genre, my title, my font, and my coloring. Today I am going to chose what will be my main article, and what my cover lines will be.

When I learned on how to make a perfect cover page in my AICE Media Class I learned that certain things catch the audiences attention. One of those things are numbers. I am thinking about doing a step-by-step tutorial on how to do a certain look.

When creating an article there are certain steps, so according to the Content Marketing Institute all I need to do is follow these six steps in order to produce the ideal article for my audience.

Step One: Create a production schedule.
The website states that I should include six things in my schedule.
- Deadlines, the good thing about this project is that I am able to be extremely organized, I have three main things to do a week to avoid any procrastination. My deadline to writing my steps will be by the end of this week. March 18, 2018.
-Ample time for proofreading, I will give myself about an hour on Monday to proof read my article, make sure I have no mistakes, and ask Sarah if I have all the steps needed in order to get the proper look provided.
- A design schedule, I can easily say check to that, 3 things done every week.
-Enough time for the editorial board to look over the magazine, due to the fact that this isn't a real magazine I won't need to be worrying about that.
-Printing deadline, my "printing deadline" will actually be the due date of my project to send to Cambridge which is in April.
-Distribution date, I will be using the same deadline.
Now that I have the proper schedule lets see what is next!

Step Two: Create a content plan.
This consists of my table of contents that will be featured in next weeks blog!

Step Three: Created a detailed plan for each story.
-The content of my story: I have to ask myself "What is the challenge it will address for your audience?" And I think the challenge that most of my audience will be able to relate to is that they don't know how to do make-up. I am an 18 year old girl and I still struggle will how to do certain looks, and I know many people who do too. Finding out what products you need, where to start, and how to do things are really big obstacles for people when it comes to doing makeup, especially if they aren't as advanced as makeup artists.
-Types: This means if I want to include interviews, features, news, stories, info graphics, etc. Thankfully I have already chosen a tutorial, but I might even include an interview of my friend Sarah in order to inspire people to continue trying makeup and seeing what looks are best for them.
-Design mock-ups: This is basically just to choose which you like the best which will be featured in after tomorrow's blog when I will be designing certain pages and seeing which I like the best.

Now I am going to pause here and see what exact research I  need in order to write my main article. I am going to start off by watching Sarah's YouTube video on how to do the look I want to include in my main article.

The video is a step-by-step tutorial on a sunset inspired look. I included a picture in one of my previous blogs, however, this look is a bit different the colors are brighter and it includes a cut crease. I have decided to change the look because it is more unique and pops better. I do not want my main article to be a boring look that anyone can easily do without reading my article.


In my article I will first include all the needed products in order to create the look.
Sarah states that all the products used are:
ABH Dipbrow- preferably in Medium Brown, but it can vary depending on your skin tone and hair.
Too Faced Primed & Poreless primer
Too Faced Born This Way foundation, she used Vanilla however it also varies depending on skin tone.
Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops- Sunlight
Tarte Shape Tape- she used light/lightmedium/deep
Laura Mercier Translucent Power
Benefit Hoola Quickie Contour Stick
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Morphe 35B palette
Morphe 35O palette
Stila Magnificent Metals eye glitter- Diamond Dust (color)
Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner- blackest black
Tarte Lashes-  "Girl Boss"
Too Faced Love Flush Blush- "I Will Always Love You"
Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea setting spray

After watching the 15 minute video I noticed that there are about 25 steps, however, certain steps are not required to get this look, and 25 steps are too many so I've decided to eliminate certain steps and break it down to 15 steps. This is not as easy as it seems, but I am trying! Done for the day, I am proud of the research I found out and I am excited to see how this project will turn out. Don't forget to log back on to read my next blog! Talk to you guys soon.

XOXO Kat :)

Works Cited:
“6 Important Tips for Magazine Article Writing.” FreelanceWriting, 2 Aug. 2016, www.freelancewriting.com/magazine-writing/6-magazine-article-writing-tips/.

“Article Types: What's the Difference Between Newspapers, Magazines, and Journals?: Choosing What's Best.” LibGuides, libguides.unf.edu/c.php?g=177086&p=1163663.

“How to Make a Magazine in 12 Steps.” Lucidpress Blog, www.lucidpress.com/blog/how-to-make-a-magazine-in-twelve-steps.

“Sunset Inspired Makeup Tutorial ♡ Sarah Leavitt.” YouTube, YouTube, 25 July 2017, www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSaBXKb1ReU.

“Producing a Custom Magazine? Follow These 6 Content Marketing Steps.” Content Marketing Institute, 28 Apr. 2016, contentmarketinginstitute.com/2011/08/6-steps-for-producing-a-custom-magazine/.



Comments

Popular Posts