3/16/18

Baby Steps

So today I decided to focus mainly on what my cover lines will be. I first looked up examples of other cover pages to see how many cover lines each cover page has usually. With some research I found that most covers have three or more, however, there will always be examples of magazines that have just one. I decided that my magic number would be 4. 

Now... what should my cover lines be about. I know my audience and I know my genre. I know my main article, and I don't want to be repetitive.

I decided to try to research what topics interest women the most however, I couldn't find that much information, so I decided to change it up. I looked up different topics about Beauty that attract women and I ended up finding a lot of information.

After reading 50 different blog ideas I ended choosing 4 different ones.
  1. Your skincare routine (morning and night) for the current season
  2. What products have you recently purchased?
  3. What products are you currently using? (You can do different posts for makeup, skincare, haircare, etc.)
  4. What products have you tried lately that you loved?
  5. What products have you tried lately that you hated?
  6. What’s currently in your makeup bag?
  7. Your everyday makeup routine
  8. Your weekend/minimal/”no makeup” makeup routine
  9. Your party/special occasion makeup routine
  10. Your favorite products for the month/season/year
  11. Your travel beauty essentials
  12. How do you style your hair everyday?
  13. What are your daily haircare products and tools?
  14. Which products from (insert store here) do you love and highly recommend?
  15. Have you tried any popular products lately? Were they worth the hype?
  16. Favorite products for a certain skin/hair/health concern
  17. What were your favorite products/brands from when you were growing up?
  18. Hauls from different stores or brands
  19. Nail polish picks for the season
  20. Favorite scents for the season
  21. Makeup or skincare recommendations for certain people or occasions
  22. Beauty lessons or tips that you swear by
  23. Group or singular product reviews
  24. Specific makeup products for the season (blushes, shadows, lipsticks, etc.)
  25. A roundup of brands you want to try
  26. Beauty wish lists (either seasonal, by category, or just in general)
  27. Your favorite celebrity makeup looks (great for around award season)
  28. Recreate a celebrity’s makeup look and share a tutorial on how to achieve it
  29. Which upcoming beauty launches are you excited about?
  30. Your lazy day/weekend essentials
  31. Your evening pamper essentials
  32. Feature the contents of someone else’s makeup bag, like your best friend or sister
  33. Swap everyday makeup routines with another blogger and share the results
  34. Give a makeover to a friend or family member
  35. Your favorite makeup dupes
  36. Drugstore products worth checking out
  37. An easy, no frills skincare routine
  38. A beauty “what not to do”
  39. Maximum impact products
  40. How do you do a certain beauty technique? (i.e. concealing, strobing, cat eye, etc.)
  41. Who are your beauty role models?
  42. Which trends do you love? Which trends do you hate? Which trends do you predict will be popular this season/year?
  43. A roundup of your favorite beauty bloggers and youtubers
  44. What makeup or beauty mistakes did you used to make, and how did you fix them?
  45. What have you learned from beauty blogging, or what do you hope to accomplish?
  46. A “get ready with me” video or guide
  47. If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only bring 5 products with you
  48. Beauty tips for a teenager or someone just starting out with makeup
  49. Your must-have beauty tools
  50. Beauty bits not usually talked about (dental hygiene, what’s in your shower, beauty items in your purse other than makeup, etc.)

1. Best night routine to keep your face fresh.
2.Travel beauty essentials.
3. Fashion Do's and Don'ts
4.Quiz 

Now that I have my four topics I needed four titles that included word play, and stood out to catch the audience's attention.

1. Best beauty for before bed.
2. Can you beat this beauty quiz?
3. Why to put onion in your shampoo.
4. Do's and Dont's.

These are simple titles however, the attract the audience.

With research I found out that the younger the women the more they are interested in cool DIYs and quizzes, short things. However, the older the women the more they are interested in looking young and staying in the loop. The first article is mostly to attract my older crowd along with the fourth article name, while the second and third are used to attract my younger crowd.

Lastly, I wanted to discuss how I plan to set this all up on my cover page. My cover image will include a picture of Sarah looking into the camera. The word "Glister" will be featured in all lower case letters, the font I had chosen, and a big size and will be located all the way on the top of the page. The font will be black and the background color will be the color I included in one of my previous blogs. 

I also decided the placement of all the cover lines, there will be two cover lines on the right side of my cover page, in a smaller font. those two cover lines will include articles 1 and 3. On the lower bottom left corner there will be article 2. Article 4 will be located near the left side but more on the middle all the way on the bottom. And the main article will be in bigger font right in the middle of the page right under the mast head.

I am excited to put my thoughts into actual work! But until then, bye!!!

XOXO Kat :)

Works Cited:

“50 Design Techniques That Made These Magazine Covers Awesome [Epic Case Studies] – Learn.” Learn, 13 Oct. 2015, www.canva.com/learn/magazine-cover-design/.

“Beauty.” Women's Health, www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty.

Mandy. “50 Beauty Blog Post Ideas - A Girl, Obsessed | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog.” A Girl, Obsessed, 15 Jan. 2018, www.agirlobsessedblog.com/2016-01-50-more-beauty-blog-post-ideas-html.

“The Beauty Magazine Covers & More.” Pinterest, www.pinterest.com/beautymagonline/the-beauty-magazine-covers-more/?lp=true.


Comments

Popular Posts