Week One

What will I choose? 2/28/18
The first class of Media Studies when my teacher talked about our Foundation Portfolio, I automatically knew what I was going to choose. My genre was going to be Beauty and Fashion, but I later realized it’s not that easy a lot of research goes into it. The first thing I looked up was how successful Beauty magazines are. The number one Beauty company for magazines makes about $5.1 million from this, so then I realized this is a successful category that has my interests, so I should really consider it. I later on wanted to see their main target audience. Clearly I knew it was going to be women, but I wanted it to be more specific. I soon came to learn that most companies have their target audience range from ages 18 to 54. I finally decided that Beauty and Fashion was the right choice for me and I was excited to start.

“A Deeper Look into Fashion and Beauty Magazines.” Kate Wahls Summer Experience at Penn State, sites.psu.edu/katewahlfye/2015/07/14/a-deeper-look-into-fashion-and-beauty-magazines/.

“The Beauty Magazine.” The Beauty Magazine Company Profile - Revenue, Number of Employees, Funding, News, and Acquisitions, www.owler.com/company/thebeautymagazine.


My Plan 3/2/18
I had finally thought of the perfect plan. I was looking at example Beauty magazines and that's when it hit me. I had finally decided what to do. One of my very good friends named Sarah is amazing at makeup, she has her own Youtube channel, she has her own business where she does makeup on other people, and she even has an instagram page for it. Sarah was going to be my muse for this project. I texted her and asked her if it was okay with her if I start working with her for the next couple of weeks to learn what exactly it is I am going to write about. She was all for it. I can't wait to see what look I end up writing about.

The Making 3/4/18
As time passes, the due date for this project that has a huge impact on my AICE score gets closer and closer. Although I am the queen of procrastination I decided that this time was going to be different. I went on Canva.com, Madmagz.com, and multiple other sites to see what has the best layout and which one was the most user-friendly. I came to the conclusion that I liked Canva the best it was the easiest to use the layouts and themes were very nice and I feel as if this will be a perfect match with my magazine. 

Comments

Popular Posts